Cultivation optimization through cultivation technique, crop rotation, crop- and variety choice can lead to increased profitability.
You can call on our expertise about these and other themes:
- Plant production from field to fork
- Variety research with a focus on yield, disease resistance, and quality
- Cultivation technique: fertilization, sowing technique, crop protection (management of weeds, diseases, and pests), use of biostimulants and biocontrol agents, harvest technology
- Organic and agroecological cultivation systems
- Seed processing
- Exploring new crops
- Trial field management
Our modern infrastructure is at your disposal:
- > 200 ha trial fields, including +/- ha organically managed
- 50 ha organic trial fields within an agroecological trial platform
- Trial fields with rain-out shelters for research on drought tolerance in plants
- > 15,000 m2 experimental greenhouses with separate sections especially for experiments with quarantine organisms
- Up-to-date farm machinery for trial fieldwork (seeding, mechanical weeding, harvest equipment)
- Seed Pilot for post-harvest seed processing including a food-grade line
- Drones for plant monitoring in the field
- Lab for Seed Dissection to determine germination capacity, thousand seed weight, and health
- Labs equipped for quality determination of plant-based products from field to fork
- Our BELAC-accredited lab for plant, soil and substrate performs physico-chemical analyses on plant material, mineral soils, potting soil and soil improvers. Contact the lab directly for more information.
- For seed analysis (germination capacity, thousand seed weight, and health) you can contact the seed dissection lab.
- ILVO also has an analysis platform, meet@all, for the detailed characterization of biomass in terms of its bio-active components.
- To analyze other quality parameters (digestibility, inulin content, saponin content, color, functional parameters, etc.) you can contact us.
Partnering with us
Do you have a question, an idea or interest in working with the Plant Living Lab? Contact us right away. We guarantee the confidentiality of all your questions.